Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
New product launches in 2014
Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (BPL) has rolled out a good number of products in January 2014, thanks to our R&D and Marketing team. This launching will meet the therapeutic gap needs across Endocrine Disorders,Corticosteroids, Antibiotics, Cardiovascular, Gastrointestinal, Anti-asthma, and Local anesthetic portfolios of BPL.
Letrozole 2.5 mg Tablet
Femzole® is the preparation of letrozole, an oral, anti-estrogen drug that is used for treating postmenopausal women with breast cancer. The growth of some breast cancers in postmenopausal women is promoted by estrogens that circulate in the blood, and the adrenal glands are the main source of these circulating estrogens. Letrozole inhibits the enzyme in the adrenal glands (aromatase) that produces the estrogens, estradiol and estrone.
Femzole® is indicated for:
- Adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor positive early breast cancer
- Extended adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early breast cancer who have received prior standard adjuvant tamoxifen therapy
- First and second-line treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor positive or unknown advanced breast cancer.
Norethisterone 5 mg Tablet
Norestin® is the preparation of Norethisterone. Norethisterone is a molecule used in some combined oral contraceptive pills, progestogen only pills and is also available as a stand-alone drug. If contraceptive protection is required, additional non hormonal contraceptive methods should be used.
Norestin® is indicated for:
- Spasmodic Dysmenorrhea
- Management of perimenopausal symptoms
- Premenstrual tension
- Management of endometriosis
- For Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
- Prophylaxis against recurrent dysfunctional bleeding
- For the treatment of inoperable cancer of the breast
- For postponement of menstruation
Levothyroxine Sodium 50 mcg Tablet
Synroid® contains synthetic Levothyroxine Sodium which is identical to the natural hormone, produced in the thyroid gland. Thyroid hormones regulate multiple metabolic processes and play an essential role in normal growth and development, and normal maturation of the central nervous system and bone.
Synroid® indicated for the following conditions:
- As replacement therapy in hypothyroidism of any etiology.
- For the suppression of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) levels in the presence of goiters, nodules and after radiological and/or surgical treatment of thyroid cancer.
- For the suppression of the goitrogenic effects of other drugs such as lithium.
- As a diagnostic aid in suppression tests.
Prednisolone 20 mg Tablet
Prednisolone is a corticosteroid drug with predominant glucocorticoid & low mineralocorticoid activity.
Bexipred® is indicated for:
- as an anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive agent for certain allergic, dermatologic, gastrointestinal, hematologic, ophthalmologic, nervous system, renal, respiratory, rheumatologic, specific infectious diseases or conditions and organ transplantation
- for the treatment of certain endocrine conditions
- for palliation of certain neoplastic conditions ( Hematologic disorders: Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults, secondary thrombocytopenia in adults, acquired (autoimmune) hemolytic anemia, eythroblastopenia (RBC anemia), congenital (erythroid) hypoplastic anemia.
Dexamethasone 5 mg Tablet
Dexamethasone is a synthetic corticosteroid exhibiting both anti-inflammatory and immuno- suppressant properties. Corticosteroids are hormones produced naturally by the adrenal glands which have many important functions on every organ system.
Odeson® is indicated for:
- As an anti-inflammatory medication. Dexamethasone relieves inflammation in various parts of the body. It is used specifically to decrease swelling (edema), associated with tumors of the spine and brain, and to treat eye inflammation.
- To treat or prevent allergic reactions.
- As treatment of certain kinds of autoimmune diseases, skin conditions, asthma and other lung conditions.
- As treatment for a variety of cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma.
- To treat nausea and vomiting associated with some chemotherapy drugs.
- Conditions of adrenal insufficiency (low production of needed steroids produced by the adrenal glands).
Onsat 4& 8 Oral Soluble Film
Ondensetron 4 mg & 8mg
Onsat® (ondansetron) oral soluble film is the first orally dissolving film introduced by Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd. in Bangladesh. Onsat® offers an innovative and convenient, easy-to-take formulation for patients who have trouble swallowing tablets, while providing the trusted efficacy expected from ondansetron.
Onsat® OSF is designed to be applied on top of the tongue where it will dissolve within 20 seconds and then is swallowed with saliva. Onsat® does not require water to aid dissolution or swallowing.
The active ingredient in Onsat® is ondansetron base, the racemic form of ondansetron, and a selective blocking agent of the serotonin 5-HT3 receptor type.
Onsat® Oral Soluble Film is indicated for:
- Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with highly emetogenic cancer chemotherapy.
- Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of moderately emetogenic cancer chemotherapy.
- Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with radiotherapy in patients receiving total body irradiation, single high-dose fraction to abdomen, or daily fractions to the abdomen.
- Prevention of postoperative nausea and/or vomiting
Azithromycin 250 mg Tablet
Azithrocin® 250 is supplied for oral administration as film-coated tablets containing azithromycin dihydrate equivalent to 250 mg azithromycin. It is an azalide, a subclass of macrolide antibiotics, active against Gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. Azithromycin interferes with ribosome function in susceptible bacteria by inhibiting the translocation of peptide.
Azithrocin® (Azithromycin) is indicated for infections caused by susceptible organisms, in upper respiratory tract infections including sinusitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis, in lower respiratory tract infections including bronchitis and pneumonia, skin and soft tissue infections, and otitis media. Azithrocin® is indicated for pelvic inflammatory disease. It is indicated in the treatment of uncomplicated genital infections due to Chlamydia trachomatis. It is a good addition in Azithrocin® family as the tablet can be taken regardless of meal making it an ideal choice for pediatric patients.
Clindamycin 150 & 300 mg Capsule
Clindamycin is a lincosamide antibiotic. Clindamycin inhibits bacterial protein synthesis by binding to the 50S subunit of the ribosome. It has activity against Gram-positive aerobes and anaerobes as well as the Gram-negative anaerobes.
Clindamycin is indicated in the treatment of serious infections caused by susceptible anaerobic bacteria. Clindamycin is also indicated in the treatment of serious infections due to susceptible strains of streptococci, pneumococci and staphylococci. Its use should be reserved for penicillin-allergic patients or other patients for whom, in the judgment of the physician, a penicillin is inappropriate.
Magnesium Hydroxide and Liquid Paraffin Oral Emulsion
Frelax® Oral Emulsion is a combination of Magnesium Hydroxide and Liquid Paraffin which is recommended for the temporary relief of constipation. Magnesium Hydroxide has an indirect cathartic action, which results from water retention in the stomach lumen due to increased osmotic pressure. Liquid Paraffin acts as a mild laxative by softening stools thus easing defecation.
Frelax® Oral Emulsion is indicated for Constipation, Hyperacidity with constipation, Anorectal disorder, Post-operative constipation, Constipation associated with chronic cholecystitis, Hernia.
Megaldrate 480 mg+ Simethicone 20 mg / 5ml suspension
Magaldrate/simethicone suspension is an antacid and antiflatulent combination. The antacid works by neutralizing stomach acid and increasing the pH of the stomach. The antiflatulent works by breaking up gas bubbles, which makes gas easier to eliminate.
Digecid® Plus is indicated to relieve symptoms of dyspepsia, heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach, gastroesophageal reflux and hiatal hernia. It is also prescribed in hyperacidity associated with peptic ulcers, gastritis and esophagitis. Also indicated for the relief of flatulence, abdominal distension and windy colic. Digecid® Plus suspension is specially formulated with high acid neutralizing capacity (ANC).
Sodium Alginate 500 mg & Potassium Bicarbonate 100mg / 5ml suspension
Viscocid® is the combination of Sodium Alginate & Potassium Bicarbonate that relieves the symptoms of reflux such as heartburn. Sodium Alginate is a naturally occurring substance. It reacts with the acid in the stomach to form a gel. Potassium Bicarbonate also reacts with the acid in the stomach to form bubbles of carbon dioxide. These bubbles are trapped by the gel and they allow the gel to float like a raft on top of the stomach contents. The raft prevents acid in the stomach from flowing back into the food pipe.
Viscocid® suspension is indicated for the treatment of symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux such as acid regurgitation, heartburn and indigestion (related to reflux), for example, following meals or during pregnancy or in patients with symptoms related to reflux oesophagitis.
Esomeprazole 20 & 40 mg Delayed Release Capsule
Opton® capsule is the line extension of Opton brand supplied in delayed-release capsules. Each delayed-release capsule contains 20 mg, or 40 mg of esomeprazole.
Opton® is a proton pump inhibitor indicated for:
- Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Risk Reduction of NSAID-Associated Gastric Ulcer
- H. pylori Eradication to Reduce the Risk of Duodenal Ulcer Recurrence
- Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions Including Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome.
Indepamide1.5 mg Sustained Release Tablet
Indelix® SR (Indepamide) is an oral antihypertensive which belongs to class of drug called diuretic. It is a prolonged-release film-coated tablet containing indapamide as the active ingredient.
Indelix® SR is indicated for the treatment of hypertension, alone or in combination with other antihypertensive drugs. It is also indicated for the treatment of salt and fluid retention associated with congestive heart failure.
Monocast® 4 Granules
Montelukast 4 mg granules/sachet
Monocast Granules sachet is a leukotriene receptor antagonist that blocks substances called leukotrienes. Leukotrienes causes narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs. By blocking leukotrienes montelukast improves asthma symptoms and helps control asthma.
Monocast® 4 Granules is used for the treatment of 6 months to 5 year old patients who are not adequately controlled on their medication and need additional therapy. Monocat® Granules may also be used as an alternative treatment to inhaled corticosteroids for 2 to 5 year old patients who have not recently taken oral corticosteroids for their asthma and have shown that they are unable to use inhaled corticosteroids. It also helps prevent the narrowing of airways triggered by exercise for patients 2 years of age and older.
Acetylcysteine 600 mg dispersible Tablet
Mucomist® DT is the preparation of Acetylcysteine, a derivative of the amino acid, cysteine. Each dispersible tablet contains Acetylcysteine 600 mg. The dispersible tablet formulation ensures optimum stability, rapid dissolution, maximal absorption and high bioavailability. Acetylcysteine has a mucolytic activity through its free sulfhydryl group. It acts directly on the mucoproteins to open the disulfide bonds and thus lowers the viscosity of the mucous and facilitates its removal by the muco-cillary action and expectoration.
Mucomist® DT is indicated for the treatment of abnormal, sticky, or thick mucus secretions in various lung problems (eg, chronic emphysema, bronchitis, asthmatic bronchitis, pneumonia, during anesthesia, following surgery or various lung tests).
Mucomist® DT should be dissolved in 1/2 glass of water before use (preferably in the evening). The duration of treatment should be 5 to 10 days in the acute phase. It may be continued in the chronic state for up to 6 months or according to the advice of the physician.
Dry Powder Inhaler
Tioriva® Bexicap capsule contains Tiotropium Bromide Monohydrate BP as the active ingredient which is a long-acting, antimuscarinic agent (LAMA), which is often referred to as an anticholinergic. The combipack is supplied with easy-to-operate Bexihaler device.
Tioriva® Bexicap is indicated for:
- long-term, once-daily maintenance treatment of bronchospasm associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
Breathlin® SR® Bexicap
Theophylline 200 mg sustained release Tablet
Theophylline is a bronchodilator, structurally classified as a Methylxanthine. Theophylline has a direct relaxant effect on the smooth muscle of bronchial airways and pulmonary blood vessels, serving as a bronchodilator and pulmonary vasodilator.
Breathlin® SR is indicated for:
- The treatment of the symptoms and reversible airflow obstruction associated with chronic asthma and other chronic lung diseases, like emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
Informet® LA 750
Metformin Hydrochloride 750 mg extended release Tablet
Metformin Hydrochloride belongs to a biguanide class of oral antidiabetic drugs. It decreases hepatic glucose production, decreases intestinal absorption of glucose and improves insulin sensitivity. Unlike sulfonylureas, Metformin Hydrochloride does not produce hypoglycemia. It is the drug of first choice in obese patients.
Informet® LA 750 is a long acting tablet formulation. The usual starting dose is 750 mg once daily with the evening meal. Dosage increase should be made in increments of 750 mg weekly, up to maximum of 1500 mg once daily with the evening meal after consulting with doctor.
Ketoconazole BP 2% Therapeutic Shampoo
Resolve is the preparation of Ketoconazole 2% shampoo, a broad spectrum imidazole-dioxolane synthetic antifungal agent. It also contains Zinc pyrithione 1% as antiseborrheic and keratolytic agent and conditioner, glusol.
Resolve shampoo is indicated for:
- to control dandruff. It helps to relieve the flaking, scaling and itching associated with dandruff.
- to treat a skin condition known as pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes a lightening or darkening of the skin of the neck, chest, arms, or legs.
Resolve shampoo exerts Triple Action with its unique preparation-
- Ketoconazole 2%: clears dandruff and scalp seborrheic dermatitis, controls itch and prevents relapse when used prophylactically.
- Zinc Pyrithione 1%: exerts antiseborrheic and keratolytic action. It works by slowing the production of skin cells and sebum, which helps to reduce flakiness.
- Glusol Powder: acts as conditioning agent to leave hair moisturized, manageable, shiny and sublimely soft.
Citicoline 500 mg Tablet
Citicoline is a brain chemical that occurs naturally in the body. As a medicine, it is taken by mouth as a supplement or given by IV or as a shot.
Citicoline is used for Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia, head trauma, cerebrovascular disease such as stroke, age-related memory loss, Parkinson's disease, attention deficit-hyperactive disorder (ADHD), and glaucoma.